Join Artemis Mourat and Adam Riviere for a day of dancing and drumming with up to 6 hours of instruction for dancers AND drummers!! What does a drummer need from a dancer and what does a dancer need from a drummer? See why a drum solo is not a solo at all – it is a duet and dance and drum become one. Dancers will be introduced on creating their own drum solo performance! Drummers will learn and understand how to create an entertaining drum solo for performances and when accompanying a dancer!
To purchase your ticket, you must scroll down to the calendar and select the date of the workshop (which is the only date you can choose). Then click on the Continue button and you will be directed to payment. You will receive an email that contains the Zoom link after your purchase is complete.
Drums of Doum: $40
Raqs to the Beat: $80
Full Day: $100 (Save $20)
ALL SALES ARE FINAL – NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
Workshop Details & Schedule
Times listed are EST
11:00am – 1:00pm: Drums of Doum with Adam Riviere
Intermediate to professional drummers
Drummers will learn:
- Unique tones and riffs to implement in their solo
- Exercises to develop speed and improve technique and tones
- A variety of rhythms (iqa’at) and how to embellish those rhythms during performance or accompanying a dancer
- Drum solo structure for accompanying a dancer
- How to influence dancer movements, and how to interpret the dancer’s movements in your playing
- Cueing the dancer to end their performance
- Reading cues from the dancer on when to end
- Drum solo written by Adam Riviere with MP3 and sheet music
1:00pm – 1:30pm: Break
1:30pm – 3:30pm: Raqs to the Beat with Artemis & Adam
Dancers will learn:
- The anatomy of a drum solo
- How to improvise and look like you know the song even if you don’t
- How to access your dance vocabulary
- How to use the Body Raqs techniques to give you great movement options for different drum tones and the different parts of a drum solo
- How to keep it exciting
- How to communicate with each other on and off stage
3:30pm – 4:00pm: Break
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Raqs to the Beat with Artemis & Adam
Deliver a performance with Adam’s composed drum solo or select to perform to a complete improvised drum solo created with a quick conversation with Adam prior to your performance.
After the performance Artemis will give a brief critique.
*Optional detailed critique available to be sent to each dancer within 2 weeks of the event. Cost is $40. Please email Artemis at email@example.com if you would like to add this option.