For three decades, Adam has studied 30 world instruments and various cultures. He shares his talents by providing lessons, leading master classes and tutoring students throughout Indiana, as well as the US and internationally.
Adam teaches lessons and workshops for the following styles and instruments::
- Middle Eastern: Doumbek, Dohola, Tar, Zils, Mahzar, Riq
- Latin/Afro-Cuban: Congas, Bongos, Clave, Cowbell, Shekere, Agogo Bells
- North American: Native American Style Flute, Ancient Pueblo Style Flute (formerly knows as Anasazi Style)
- Irish-Celtic: Bodhran, Bones
- Caribbean: Steel Pan
- Australian Aborigine: Didgeridoo (Yidaki)
- West African: Djembe, Dununs, Ashiko, Gankogui Bells
- Brazilian: Pandeiro, Surdo, Berimbau
- Concert & Marching Percussion: Timpani, Marimba, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Snare, Bass Drum
Schedule a Lesson with Adam Riviere
Middle Eastern Percussion Level 3 Class
Welcome to the Level 3 series of learning Middle Eastern percussion, rhythms, and music! Level 3 continues to improve technique, tones, and speed at the beginning of each class with warm ups and exercises, and new rhythms. This session will hit more with creativity as a drummer, and soloist accompany dancers or simply performing as a soloist
Since this class is set for online only I will welcome any students to attend on site where drums are available for use as well as for purchase. Each class is limited to 20 people on site, so sign up before the classes fill up! Online community no limit on size. The classes are recorded allowing students to review material and to practice along with the exercises and songs. For those that miss a class you can pay for the class you missed to have access to the videos!
We are not reviewing beginner technique on hand position, tones, breaking down the various rhythms taught from earlier classes so be prepared.
All Ages Welcome!
Tuesday, November 5th @7pm
Tuesday, November 12th @ 7pm
Tuesday, November 19th @ 7pm